one contented homebody

a vintage inspired life

Monday, August 31, 2015

Tania's Honey Chicken Recipe

This recipe came about by a bit of experimenting and mixing up a couple of recipes I had tried. I changed them here and there and came up with this now family favourite. Serves four.

500gms of cubed chicken breast
3 heaped tablespoons Cornflour (approximate, may need more)
Salt and Pepper to taste
3 eggs, beaten 
oil for frying
1 packet low salt French Onion Soup
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
1 cup of water

Combine cornflour, salt and pepper in a plastic bag. Toss the cubed chicken into the cornflour. (The chicken pieces should have a nice coating of cornflour on them).

Beat the eggs in a small bowl, then add quite a few pieces of the chicken at a time, I would say ten to twelve pieces. Coat well with the egg.

Preheat oil over medium heat and brown the chicken. 

Once browned (this doesn't take long, a couple of minutes each side), remove the chicken to drain. Then remove the leftover oil from pan.

Next whisk together the soup mix, honey, stock powder and water.

Put chicken back into pan and add the soup mixture.  Bring to boil and then turn down heat and cook for about five minutes or until done.

Enjoy!

Main ingredients.

Frying the chicken, using a wok.

Draining the chicken.

 I serve my honey chicken with stir-fry veggies and rice. 
I use any veggies I have on hand.  This is what went in tonight; diced potato, carrot, onion, garlic, zucchini, mushrooms, capsicum, tomato, broccoli and sweetcorn. I think that's all lol! 
Stir-fry the veggies in a little oil (coconut or olive).  Once they start to soften add some soy sauce and a small dollop of sweet chilli sauce. Stir to combine, then serve.

Stir fry vegetables

 Whoops, silly me forgot to take a photo of the served plate. 
So here is one one half eaten lol!

This is very tasty. Not too hard to cook and not too many ingredients.  I sometimes add a sprinkle of sesame seeds on top of chicken when serving. 

If you have any questions about this recipe please ask, I am only too willing to help.


12 comments:

  1. Dear Tania, I have always wanted to make honey chicken and never have! I will be trying this! Thank you so much! Have a good week! Love Annabel.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love this recipe Annabel, it is so yummy!

      xTania

      Delete
  2. Great recipe Tania, I think we'll enjoy that one. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very yummy Barb, you wont regret making it. By pre-frying the chicken this way, it simply melts in your mouth. This is an Asian method of cooking chicken :)

      xTania

      Delete
  3. This looks so tasty and easy Tania! A must try...Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try Mimi, you will be pleasantly surprised :)

      xTania

      Delete
  4. Hi Tania

    Looks like a dinner winner to me :)


    Hugs


    Kimmie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I made a very similar dish last night, but the sauce was lemon/honey. Everybody, kids and all, loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fried chicken jus' tends to make you feel better about life.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments.